THIS SITE IS NOW CLOSED. Please refer to www.tourocom.com or contact the Chief Medical Student for the 2012-2013 academic year, Haley Poland, at email@example.com for further information.
Holly Foote, a recent alum, has graciously donated her Level 2 PE notes. They are very useful; please take advantage!! PE Notes by Holly Foote.docx
Disclaimer from Holly: These are the notes I came up with for the actual medical knowledge needed for the PE. These notes assume you can make the diagnosis - they are mainly to help with a differential needed as part of the Assessment portion and then the information needed to formulate a Plan (both diagnostic tests and treatment). Sometimes, when a specific physical test is necessary, that is also listed. Sometimes it's not. This is all I studied for the exam, and I practiced being able to write a note in 8 minutes (you have 9 minutes), but there is no guarantee that everything you will encounter on the exam is included in these pages. Also, make sure to practice osteopathic diagnoses and treatments. Good luck!
- Tuesday, 8/14, 7a: MANDATORY Site Visit by Dr. Lanter. Marian Hall, Conf Rm #3 for all students currently rotating through HNMC/EHMC/Bergen. Please bring your hospital evaluation forms.
- Tuesday, 8/14, 7:30p: BPOMS Dinner: "New Advances in the Treatment of Hypogonadism," by Yair Litvin, Endocrinologist, EHMC. Goodfellas Restaurant, 661 Midland Ave., Garfield, NJ 07026.
- Thursday, 8/16, 1p-3p: Surgery/Suture Clinic with Dr. Ponamgi. Attendance is strongly suggested. Location: PMC Auditorium.
- Wednesday, 8/22, 12:30p-2p: Fetal Heart Monitoring Class for any student in OB or Peds during the months of July/August/September. Medical Affairs Conference Rm, near Physician's Lounge.
- Friday, 8/24, 1p-2:30p: OMM with Dr. Abend for HNMC/EHMC/Bergen students. Slides and location to come.
- Tuesday, 8/28, 1p-2:30p: MANDATORY Exit Interview with Dr. Ilowite. Marian Hall, Conference Rm #3. Schedule to come.
- Wednesday, 8/29, 12:30p-1:30p: Intro to EM, Dr. Schwab. Medical Affairs Conference Rm, near Physician's Lounge.
- Friday, 8/31, 9a-12p: Shelf Exam for August rotation, LH1 at TouroCOM. Mandatory meeting with Dr. Steier to follow.
- Monday, 9/3: HN DAY OFF for Labor Day
- Tuesday, 9/4, 2p-3p: MANDATORY Entrance Interview with Dr. Righthand. Marian Hall, Conference Rm #2. Schedule to come.
- Tuesday, 9/25, 11a-12:30p: MANDATORY Exit Interview with Dr. Ilowite. Location and schedule to come.
- Tuesday, 9/25, 12:30p-1:30p: Lecture by Dr. Ilowite. Location to come.
- Friday, 9/28, 9am: Shelf Exam at TouroCOM, LH1
- Monday, 10/1, 2p-3p: MANDATORY Entrance Interview with Dr. Righthand. Marian Hall #2. Schedule to come.
- Tuesday, 10/30, 11a-12:30p: MANDATORY Exit Interview with Dr. Ilowite. Location and schedule to come.
- Tuesday, 10/30, 12:30p-1:30p: Lecture by Dr. Ilowite. Location to come.
- Wednesday, 10/31, 9a: Shelf Exam at TouroCOM, LH1
$20 Fee for missing scrubs: Dr. Kutzleb set up a Touro student section in the scrub retrieval bin in the OR for all Surgery/OB students. Students are to return scrubs back to the bins at the end of the rotation or they will be charged $20/set of missing scrubs. Environmental Services tracks each student when scrubs are removed from the bin.
Medical Grand Rounds at HN. Every Tuesday at 9am, Location TBD. Check Calendar for more information. Suspended for the summer, to restart in September.
Rotation Info tab: Please check to see if there's any helpful info for your rotation/preceptor - I posted a couple that were generously sent by previous students. Once you get the hang of things, please try to send me one about your current experience to help your colleagues. See the "Helpful Hints" box below for suggestions on what to include.
Computer Use: Since HN is mandating full WebHis computer notes, physicians are complaining of a lack of available computer terminals, partly due to med students holding up terminals. Med students - please offer your terminal to attendings if you are at a station and avoid using computers for personal use.
Attendance at lectures/conferences are very extremely strongly encouraged.
Hey Third and Fourth Years!
In order to ensure a smooth transition between rotations, I thought we could share some lessons learned. Please write up a few things you wish you knew going into your rotation, email me your lists at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll post them under the "Rotation Info" tab.
Some things to include are: dress code, where the department is located, things to read up on going in, the structure of the rotation, the department's extension, preceptor quirks, etc.
If possible, please work with other students on your rotation and submit one document so I don’t get an email from each one of you.
And please include only constructive comments.
A discussion and list of pocket resources is listed under the Palisades Forums tab. Please check it out if you would like to see the resources, or make comments or suggestions.